Saturday, February 1, 2014

Picking chicks!!


I have been dreaming of chickens for years...Jake can attest to the late nights looking through my most current chicken magazine deciding and changing my mind on my favorite chicken breeds. Our house is five weeks from being done so I thought I would wait until then to buy my chicks...BUT OH NO!!! My sister in law, Heather talked me into coming with her to the feed store to get her chickens and look and see if they had the breeds I like. Oh, my word I totally couldn't resist. Katie ( my sweet friend) and Heather laughed as I decided on two, four, okay fine...eight...oh wait Rosalie put an extra one in there...nine...let's make it an even number...TEN chicks. :) I bought two Polish, two Silver Laced Wyandottes, four Americanas, and two Silkies. It was so much fun...our farm has begun!!!

No comments: