Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

Well my sweet friends, 
you would not believe the wonderful weekend we had out at the house in 37 degree rainy weather...we did though!! Jake and the boys ran speaker and internet wire through the rafters and Rosalie helped me inside create a indoor slide for Levi and Justice to play on in the living room!!! We used the workers saw horse and pulled the playground slide inside and placed it against it...then she and I leaned a  plywood ramp against the sawhorse for the ladder so that the boys could climb up and slide down. They had fun sliding and also rolling big empty plastic spools up the ramp.
 Ro and Justice and I ran to the Dollar General for hotdogs, cheese sticks and chips and salsa...came back to the homesite and set up a snack station on a little bench Blaise had just constructed!! Nice sturdy work Blaise! The kids snacked around that little fire as we burned the scrap wood carefully...and by keeping the fire going we were able to clean alot of the scrap up! After 8 hours out there we ran home at 4:00 for 7 minute showers...got back in the car and made it back out to Church for our little cousin's Baptism within the hour. Okay...so we showed up to Church at 4:59...but still!!! It was miraculous if you ask me!!
Baptism, Mass, and a wonderful cozy dinner reception with some cousins topped our day.
Funny thing is...this morning we went out and did it all over again. :)
This time I brought roller skates and the ripstick for the kids to ride on in the house...while I for the first time...swept my kitchen. Jake kept reminding me that the builder will send a cleaning crew to clean it...but nothing could have made me happier today then to sweep nails and sawdust off of  my sweet little kitchen floor.

No comments: